Operation P.E.A.C.E.* provides:
Safety, Learning and Love
In Atlanta’s poorest neighborhood
(where OUR Hope-Hill students live)
The Neighborhood’s Children
The children are among the poorest in the Southeast – many go without dinner and sleep on the floor for lack of beds. They often witness violence both on the street and in the home. All of these are stressors that create an unstable environment for the children. It is no wonder that they often are behind in school academically and socially.
UUCA’s Commitment to the Hope-Hill Neighborhood
- An all-congregation partnership created over 20 years ago provides strong support in many ways
- UUCA extended the partnership by working with Operation P.E.A.C.E., starting 3 years ago
Operation P.E.A.C.E. Offers Vital Programs for At-Risk Children in the Hope-Hill Neighborhood
- Free after-school program for children, including academics and fun, and an evening meal in a safe and nurturing environment
- Summer Academy, free and safe, with academics, activities, excursions, fun, and meals
- Encouraging parents to become more involved with the children and the community
How You Can Help
Come by the “Partners in Education” table in the social hall where you can learn more and make your cash or check donations. If you would like to mail in contributions, please send a check made payable to UUCA, with OPEACE Fundraiser on the memo line; send it to UUCA, 1911 Cliff Valley Way NE, Atlanta, GA 30329, attention: Beth Davis, Hope-Hill mailbox.
Or, you can go to the Operation P.E.A.C.E. website, scroll down to the bottom of the page, click “Donate” at the bottom right, and pay by PayPal.
*P.E.A.C.E. = Partnerships in Education and Community Enrichment
UUCA members and friends donating directly to Operation P.E.A.C.E. (including via PayPal) are requested to send this information for our records: